Creating Master-Detail Forms
Right click on Master-Detail Table option in Module
Section of Project Tree.
Select Create Master-Detail option. OR
click on the Configure Master-Detail Forms button on the
Prescient Author Navigator dialog box.
- You can set the layout for the control field on the maste detail form by
selecting Single Column or Two Column radio
button. The default layout is two column.
- Specify the the name for master detail form in Name text
- Select the name of module in which master-detail table is present from
Module drop down list.
- You have to select master table from Master Table drop
down list and click on Add Master button to
add that basic table in List of Transaction Table.
- You have to select detail table from Detail Table
drop down list and click on Add Detail button to
add that detail table in List of Transaction Table.
- You may remove the table from List of Master-Detail Tables by selecting
the table and clicking on the Remove Table button.
- For managing control fields on the form you can select the table from List
of Master-Detail Tables list box and click on Form
Controls button.(Refer to Manage
From Controls )
- You can give links on the form by selecting the table from List of
Master-Detail Tables list box and clicking on Link
Controls button. (Refer to Adding and Updating Link
- You can add reference fields on the form by selecting the table from List
of Master-Detail Tables list box andclicking on Reference
Field button. (Refer to Adding and
Updating Reference Field ).
- There are two files associated with the master form. One file handles add
functionality and other file handles update functionality. You may set some
controls as read only or invisible on one of the files. To set the visibility
of the controls on the files, select file from File list box and click
on Set Properties button. (Refer to Set
- Click on Ok button to create the master-detail form.
Master Detail Table
Examples of Master detail table
Following example shows 'Bill' Master Detail Form.