Creating and updating Reports
Prescient Author allows you to model reports.
To model RDLC reports in Prescient Author you have to create dataset and RDLC
file in C#.
Following are steps to create Reports
- Right click on Reports option in Module Section
of Project Tree. Select Create Report option.
OR click on the Report button on the Prescient
Author Navigator dialog box.
- You can specify name for the report in the Name text box.
You cannot give spaces in between name of the report.
- You need to assign RDLC file to the report by clicking
on Assign button.(Refer to Assigning RDLC).
- In case if you want to remove the assigned RDLC you can
click on Remove button.
- If you have done changes in the RDLC file or dataset after assigning RDLC
file to the report then you will not able to see those changes in the assigned
RDLC. To get the changes in the assigned RDLC click on Re-build
Report button. The assigned RDLC file and all the mapping between the
variables will be removed. Now when you assign the RDLC you will get the
- Reports can have filters. To add the filter you have to
add reference field to the RDLC report and then set the properties for that
control field. You can add reference field by clicking on Reference
Field button. You can set properties of the reference field by
clicking on Form Controls button.(Refer to Adding and Updating Reference
Field and Manage
- You can add various links on the report by clicking on Link
Control button.(Refer to Adding and Updating Link
- If RDLC report have filters then you have to map filter with query
parameter. To map query parameters with filter double click on
tableadapter name OR select the table adapter and click on
Map Parameters button. (refer to Mapping parameter on RDLC
- Click on Ok Button.
Example of RDLC Report
Following example 'IssuedOutBook' RDLC Report