You can set properties for the controls on master forms,master detail forms,
To set properties for the controls on master forms/master detail , open the
master form/master detail form ,click on the Form Controls
button and double click on the field name from Form Control
Name list box. Control Properties dialog will be displayed.
To set propertise for the controls on reports, open the reports,click on the
Set Filters button and double click on the field name
from Selected Report Filters list box or select the field name
and click on Set Properties button. Control Properties dialog will be
To set propertise for the controls on RDLC reports, open the
RDLC reports,click on the Form Controls button and double
click on the field name fromForm Control Name list box .
Control Properties dialog will be displayed.
Following are steps to set control properties.
- You can specify the name to be displayed for the field
in Display Name text box.This display name can be different
from the name of the field stored in database.
- You can activate the Compulsory Field
check box if you wish to make field compulsory. When you make the field
compulsory the field is not allowed to be blank.You must give some value for
- You can disply field on the new row by activating Place on
separate row check box.
- You can set the type of control from
Control combo box.
- If you select type of control as Textbox then you
have to specify maximum length for the text in Max Length
text box and width of the textbox in Width text box.
- For Radio control you need to specify Radio
values and Radio Display.
- Radio values are the identity of the radio button. Internally radio button
will be refered by radio values. If you want more than one radio button then
specify all radio values in the Radio Values text box seperated by comma.
- Radio Display are the name of the radio button displayed on the
form. If you want more than one radio button then specify all radio button
names in the Radio Display text box seperated by comma.
- If you select type of control as TextArea then you
have to specify number of rows in Rows text box and
number of columns in Columns text box.
- If you select type of control as Hidden then the
field will not be listed out in the list displayed for setting control
- You can assign function to the control by clicking on Assign
Function button.(Refer to Assigning Function )
- You may click on Remove Function button for removing the
- Prescient Author allows you to chnage the field displayed on the form. You
can set the field to be displayed on the form from Front
Field combo box. Similarly you can set Back Field to
refer the field internally. This back field will be identity of the table.
- You can assign the link in front of the control by clicking on Assign
Link.(Refer to Adding and
Updating Link Controls )
- To remove link control click on Remove Link button.
- You can recompute one field from other field. (Refer to Field Recomputation)
Set Filter for
Example of Control Property
Following example show properties for 'CustomerCode' Field of the customer